Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Top Ten Books We Read in 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by 

Broke and The Bookish

This Week's Topic is:

     Top Ten Books we Read in 2012     


**The Help - Kathlyn Stockett

Krisha -  So I jumped on the bandwagon back in Feburary and read this book.  Not YA but it was a refreshing change from the books I usually read.  I still need to see the movie.

**The Uglies - Scott Westerfeld

Krisha - I read all four books in the Uglies series back to back thanks to Katie getting them all for me on the Kindle.  Check out our cover wars for this series HERE.

**Insurgent - by Veronica Roth

Katie - We both love the Divergent Series Epic! Check out our Video Divergent Review

**Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

Krisha - Book #3 of the Hunger Games Trilogy, this was my first read of 2012.  Not my favorite of trilogy, but I think Collins did a good job wrapping up the series.

Delirium - Lauren Oliver

Katie - This is a great series, i read both Delirium and Pandemonium this year and can't wait Requiem in 2013. ( Links take you to my Reviews)

**Maze Runner - James Dashner

Krisha - I this book (and entire series for that matter) made my blood pressure skyrocket.  There were so many plot twists and turns, that it just got a little frustrating.  I have yet to read the prequel and not sure if I will yet... 

**Jenny Pox ( Paranormal Series ) - J.L. Bryan

Katie - No surprise here that Krisha and I both LOVE the Paranormal Series. I read all four book in the series this year! Check out our reviews so far: Jenny Pox, Tommy Nightmare, and Alexander Death

**Spark - Amy Kathleen Ryan

Katie- Spark is book #2 in the Sky Chasers series, can't wait till book 3 next year hopefully. and check out our Glow Review

**Matched - Ally Condie

Krisha - I actually read Matched and Crossed earlier this year.  I really love following Ally Condie on Twitter and can't wait to read Reached.

Cinder - Marissa Meyer

Katie - My favorite new series of the year hands down! i loved Cinder and i am so excited for the rest of the books in the Lunar Chronicles! Check out my Cinder review

** Read by both Krisha & Katie


23 comments:

  1. Mockingjay! That was my favorite of the series. I know a lot of people really hated it, but I thought it was perfect - totally realistic, heartbreaking, bleak and, at the end, hopeful. So glad I'm not the only one who loved it!

    Bekka
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was heart breaking for me , but im glad i at least got that little epilouge at the end! gesh, thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of Spark before, but now that I've seen it on your blog, I really want to read it! :) Here’s my TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/top-books/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah check out glow, its book one. i really enjoyed it. the plot was like nothing i had read before! thanks for checking our TTT! - Katie

      Delete
  3. All of these are in my all-time-fav list. Great picks.

    New follower. Feel free to return the follow if you like my blog.

    Here's my top 10

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah , what great books this year! thanks for checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  4. The movie of "The Help' won't disappoint - perfectly cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure won't i loved the movie, it was probably the best book to movie adaptation i have seen! thanks for stopping by - Katie

      Delete
  5. Been wanting to read the Maze Runner. Great list. feel free to View my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks monica, and thank you for stopping by ! - Katie

      Delete
  6. what a good looking list! So many books that made 2012 a great year in reading. I was surprised at how much I loved cinder. And I totally forgot that I was wanting to read spark I really liked glow thanks so much!

    marissa
    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i seriously can't explain my love for cinder! best new series for sure! and yes do read spark, it was such a great continuation from glow! will not dissapoint! thanks for checking out our TTT ! - Katie

      Delete
  7. Such great books! I've read several of them, and a couple are ones that I want to read soon...

    This is my top 10: Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you get to read them soon, and thanks for stopping by and checking out our TTT - katie

      Delete
  8. I LOOOOOOOVED Spark! It's such a great series, and I liked Spark more than Glow, I think! And Cinder is also awesome. Glad you loved them!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree. i normally don't like Book #2 of any series, tends to be slow, but that wasn't the case at all for spark! sp good! thanks for checking out our list! = Katie

      Delete
  9. I love many of the books on your list <3 And I need to get to Uglies, Spark and The Help soon: they have been sitting on my shelf for ages but look so so good! Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The movie The Help is one of my favorites, definitely worth it, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was! it is the best book to movie i have ever seen. they did such a great job! thanks for stopping by and checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  11. Insurgent and Mockingjay were amazing! I included them both. For the rest, I still have to read them and I cannot wait to :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cinder and Delirium/Pandemonium were some of my favorite books this year too, and I loved Mockingjay when I read it as well. The other books you've mentioned - Uglies, Divergent/Insurgent, Matched, are all series I've wanted to try for a while, but haven't quite gotten to yet. Hopefully I can get a hold of them this year! Great list!

    My Top Ten Favorites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love love love. so many good books this year, and i am so excited for the lunar chronicles series. so good! hope you get to read some of those books soon especially DIVERGENT get on that for sure! thanks for checking out our list! - katie

      Delete
  13. I'm getting a couple of these for x-mas and am so excited to hear you loved them :D Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete