Thursday, November 15, 2012

VIDEO REVIEW: Delirium - by Lauren Oliver

Obtained : Bought Kindle Version

Hardcover: 480 pages

Published: February 1st 2011 by HarperTeen

ISBN: 0061726826 (ISBN13: 9780061726828)

Series: Delirium #1

Literary awards: Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Books of the Year (2011)

Amazon / Goodreads


THEY SAY that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. And I've always believed them. Until now.


Now everything has changed. Now, I'd rather be infected
with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.

Katies Thoughts: 
Watch my review.. 
and stick around for the Bloopers! 


What i liked most about Lena's relationship with Alex is that it seemed real. Oliver did a great job in making me belive that Alex was genuinly in love with her, that he had been interested in Lena and liked the person she was, not because how she looked, but because he saw her when she was being herself. One of my favorite parts of the book is when Lena ask Alex "why me ?" out of all the other pretty, more risky girls, why would he pick her ... his resonce was...
"I was born in the Wilds, My mother died right afterward; my fathers's dead. He never knew he had a son. I lived there for the first part of my life, just kind of bounching around. All the other invalids took care of me together. Like a community thing"...
" I came to portland when I was ten, to join up with the resistance here. I won't tell you how. It was complicated. I got an ID number; I got a new last name, a new home address... "
" I hated it here . i hated it here so much you can't even imagine. all the building and the people looking so dazed and the smells and the closeness of everything and the rules --rules everywhere you turned.. I used to walk along the borders every day. Sometimes I cried. After a while, though, I would just walk. I liked to watch the birds. they would lift off from our side and soar over into the wilds, as easily as anything. back and forth, back and forth, lifting and curling through the air. I could watch them for hours at a time. Free: they were totally free. I'd thought that nothing and nobody was free in portland, but I was wrong. There were always the birds." The first time I saw you, at the Governor, I hadn't been to watch the birds at the border in years. But that's what you reminded me of. you were jumping up, and you were yelling something, and your hair was coming loose from your ponytail, and you were so fast... " "Just a flash, and then you were gone. Exactly like a bird."
I love that answer! First off what girl doesn't want to know why a guy likes them ?! and secondly, this excert from Alex sold me that this was not your run of the mill Insta-Love . I just wish that Lena didn't put herself down all the time. I wanted her to be a stronger character, not only to be happy with herself , but to have a higher self esteme. Lena always states how she is 5 ft 2 in  ( i think ) to point out how average she is. I hope in the comming novels that we see Lena become a more confident , stong willed character.

If you Liked Delirium you'll LOVE

Hope you enjoyed the video + I love comments! 
Happy Reading ~ Katie 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this one! I'm also frustrated it's a trilogy since I think the ending was perfect, but I'm sure the other books will be good.

    Mica
    Customer recommendations for site for Katmai Alaska Bear Tours

    ReplyDelete