Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Entwined - by Heather Dixon




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event here @ Inkk, hosted by
 Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Hardcover472 pages
Published March 29th 2011 by Greenwillow Books
ISBN 0062001035 (ISBN13: 9780062001030)

Goodreads Summary 

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.


The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to "keep" things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late



I think Katie & I would both have to plead guilty if charged with judging books by their cover.  So I'll say that the cover of Entwined is what drew me in further.  Look how gorgeous that dress and hair is!  Anyway, this book seems to be a retelling of the Grimm's fairy tale of The Twelve Dancing Princesses.  I really enjoy retelling when they are cleverly done.  I mean, who doesn't love Wicked?  I also like that it is a stand alone book and not part of a series.  This book has now been added to my TBR list.  And that list is getting long!  I'll probably go ahead and buy this in paperback as opposed to electronic because of that cover.  

Have you read this book yet?  Think you might?  

Happy Reading! ~ Krisha @ Inkk


1 comment:

  1. I love this book and i love how heather dixon transformed the 12 dancing princesses into a different fairytale. When i began to read this book it sounded like the 12 dancing princesses and it sort of was. my friend got me to read this and so far i've read it twice. I love this book and i love fairytales. it was the perfect book for me to read and i recommend it to anyone.
    Reliable House Cleaning Seattle Maid Service

    ReplyDelete