Saturday, October 27, 2012

Review: Tommy Nightmare by J.L. Bryan


Obtained : Kindle  Version
Ebook: 284 pages
Published April 10, 2011
ISBN13 9781358002495
Series: The Paranormals #2

Buy Tommy Nightmare on Kindle for only $2.99

Good Reads Summary 

While Fallen Oak recovers from the Jenny pox, someone new is hunting Jenny.Like Jenny, Ashleigh Goodling belonged to a pair of opposites with powers that mirror each other. Now Jenny and Seth must face the opposite of love...

Krisha’s Thoughts
Brief synopsis: Tommy Nightmare is book #2 in The Paranormals series by JL Bryan.  Right from the start we are introduced to a young Tommy. 
We quickly understand that he has had a crappy childhood and also has powers like our three main characters from Jenny Pox.  As you can tell by his name, he creates horrific nightmares just by his touch.  It takes a chapter or two to find out where he falls in with the aftermath of the Fallen Oaks incident.  From there, we see pov’s from both new characters and old.  I read this book in one sitting because I could not wait to see what was going on!

I started this book before my counterpart at Inkk did.  Being the girl that likes to read spoilers, I did keep myself from reading other reviews but did read the backs of the books.  I remember Katie calling, super excited, that our beloved Jenny was back in this book.  It’s easy to assume from the title that this story would only be about Tommy.   I feel it was an interesting transition from book 1 to book 2 because we don’t pick up where we left off.   I do think Bryan is very creative in his ability to keep the story moving forward while adding depth to his characters.  It’s hard to tell specifics because every piece of information I could give you would be a spoiler!   Just be ready for some unexpected situations that has the whole story doing a complete 180o.  Another great read from JL Bryan and can’t wait to read the next two in the series.





Katie’s Thoughts:
Tommy Nightmare picks off right where Jenny Pox leaves off. J.L Bryan has definitely mastered the skill of flowing from one book to the other without effort.  The plot was amazing! Just when you thought we got rid of “ I wanna rule the world” Ashleigh, guess again. Ashleigh clearly refuses to let death stop her and is determined to take Jenny down more than ever.


And if that wasn’t enough issues for Jenny, we also have three other Paranormals in town (Tommy, Esmeralda, and Alexander) plus the CDC and Homeland security!

I really love this series, and again super thankful to Loretta  @ Between the Pages for getting me hooked on Jenny Pox.

I don’t know why but when I started reading Tommy Nightmare, I had no idea it was going to be a continuation of Jenny Pox. Maybe it was because it had Tommy on the cover and on the title, and the first chapter was all about Tommy… but as soon at they started talking about Seth and Jenny, I threw a mini parade in my mind. Needless to say, I was super excited! The Paranormal Series really is one of the best series I have read in a while! 











No comments:

Post a Comment