Sunday, October 28, 2012

Quote of the Week : 10/28





"Is where you're from the place you're leaving or where you have roots?" 
― Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen





Since I have moved around a lot and kind of think of myself as having a gypsy soul, I always stumble a little when answering the "where ya from?" question.  I tend to answer the question with where I just moved from.  I'm from North Carolina.
Where are you from and how did you decide that?  Share your answer in our comment section below.  


Krisha @ Inkk


5 comments:

  1. nice i like it. i always have the same problem having moved around so many time. i have lived in 5 states now. so my answer is always long, i always state where i was born (nj) , where i spend most of my time (ga), and where i just moved from (wv)...

    great pick
    -Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in the habit of calling my parent's house and where a I live with my husband "home." So if I'm travelling to visit my parents I'll call my husband and tell him I'm "home safe" -- and then on the return trip, I'll say the same exact thing to my parents -- referring to two completely separate locations! I guess to me where I'm from and where home is, is where family is -- I don't think I'll ever stop thinking of my parents' place as where I'm from, but the place I live with my husband is important as well. I can totally see why this question can be confusing for people (and I'm glad I'm not the only one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so funny christine, i do the same thing , calling both places "home" . thanks for the comment christine! -katie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. i know. i love water for elephants. and thats coming from someone who doesn't normally read non fantasy or paranormal books.. AND I LOVED IT. thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete