Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Top Ten Bookish Memories



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by


This Week's Topic is:





                             Top Ten Most Bookish Memories          



# 1 Opening Our Blog

Katie: Well I can't have a bigger bookish memory than the day Krisha and I decided to make it happen and jump head first into the book reviewing / blogging world. I know its only been about 6 months now but we have enjoyed the great books and meeting awesome people!


# 2 & 3 Coffee with J.L. Bryan


Krisha: In following the steps of Kid President and trying to make  the world more awesome, I organized a surprise for Katie for us to meet one of our favorite authors, J.L. Bryan.  How cool is that?!?  (This just happened 2 days ago, so we'll have a longer post up later this week.  Come back and visit us!)


Katie: It was an amazing day. We both got to meet with J.L. Bryan, AWESOME AUTHOR of the Paranormal series! It was awesome to sit and chat with him over coffee about the series, future books, and just ... well anything! What a great experience, and if you haven't already check out the first book in the series Jenny Pox, it's FREE for your E-Reader


# 4 Signed Books & Swag

Katie: I for sure had a major Fan-Girl moment when I got my first signed book, "The Human Element" by Donna Galanti , and since then I''ve gotten the entire Paranormal Series signed by J.L. Bryan, and Book swag signed by Gretchen McNeil author of TEN


# 5 Living at the Library

Krisha: I didn't really live there, but the summer between 7th and 8th grade it sure did feel like it.  We had just moved to a new state and I found my new friends stacked on the shelves.  I read many Babysitter's Club, The Saddle Club, and Sweet Valley Twins.  


# 6 Receiving Books for Review

Katie: Still can't get over the fact that an author wants to send ME books for review. I am so excited to read new books, and help get the word out. Even though we have only been blogging for about 6 months we have been so lucky and fortunate to get books for review from Zondervan, Sterling Publishing and other awesome authors who have contacted us privately.


# 7 Bookish Photo Shoot

Katie: All the pictures you see of us on the "About Me" and other random places on the blog were all taken one day at my house... One fancy camera + my books = The BEST photo shoot ever! We must have looked like serious crazy people! We were on the side of my house in a congested neighborhood with TONS of book strewed all over the place!


# 8 My "nephew" reading to me 

Krisha: I remember the first time my friend's son read a book to me.  He was only five and did such a great job of sounding out the words.  This fits right in with the first time he wrote out my name and spelled it correctly without asking.  My heart melted.

# 9 Our First Video Review


Katie: To be honest, typed up book reviews just can't convey how "IN LOVE" I am about some books, so we made our first Video Review for Divergent by Veronica Roth! Since then we have made many more Video Reviews and my video editing has gotten WAY better along the way!


MINE!!!

# 10 Accusing Someone of Theft 

Krisha: This is kind of an embarrassing memory.  I've lent out The Time Traveler's Wife so often without getting it back and then having to buy new copies.  I saw a copy in my mother-in-laws house one day and was like "Oh, hey, is that my copy?".  She said no and I guess you could tell by my face that I thought she was lying.  She told me just to take the book because that's what she does, gives away all her books.  Much to my embarrassment, when I got home that weekend, there was my copy on the shelf.  Lesson learned: No one is out to steal your books.



Thanks for stopping by our TTT this week!
 
&


25 comments:

  1. Ah, there're always great memories when it comes to books! It's so awesome you both got to meet your favorite author - I have yet to meet mine! And yes, starting up the blog was probably the best thing that ever happened for me as well. <3

    Thanks for sharing, you two! I'm sure you'll have many more great bookish memories as time progresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that was soo exciting and just happened this weekend. we are working on a big post for it, so do stay tuned . thanks for stopping by! I hope for many more bookish memories to come! - Katie

      Delete
  2. I appreciate your point about stealing books... but check out my TTT...http://booksaremyfavouriteandbest.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bookish photoshoot pictures! And luckily your mother-in-law didn't ACTUALLY steal your book haha! It's a great story to tell though :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. the photo shoot was great .. my poor husband.. when he got home that day we were like " pleaasseee take pictures of us!!!" - Katie

      Delete
  4. Awesome list! I just had my nephew read to me for the first time the other day and it was so cool!

    Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that is so cute! that would just melt my heart too! - Katie

      Delete
  5. I wish I could live at the library. Wouldn't that be just awesome you would have books all around you. :)
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-ten-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be sooo cool! thanks for checking out our list! -Katie

      Delete
  6. Oh man #10 is is pretty funny! My husband & I do have a relative that often "forgets" to return books -- but she does know they are ours and they do turn back up eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hear you! i wonder how long is too long before you mention it.. i have alot of books out on "loan" right now... and i miss them.. so i wonder whats a good way to get your pretties back! thanks for stopping by Christine! - Katie @ Inkk

      Delete
  7. Ha! Are you sure no one is out to steal my books??? Because I can think of a few almost-definitely-guilty parties. Great list!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! I think we all get a bit paranoid about losing our books! Ive gotten giant book stamps to mark my territory, and i make a list of books i have "checked out" to people! Can't loose my pretty books! - Katie

      Delete
  8. Haha, number 10 made me laugh. Receiving books, signed books & swag and starting the blog has to be some of my good memories too :) Great list!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah... we might be a little paranoid here .. but we take our books seriously ! I get so excited to get ANYTHING signed! soooo awesome! thanks for checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  9. Cool memories!! Did you do a new blog design?? I think you did, and it's cute!!! I love Happy Birthday signed book... that's so personal and nice I think I would die if an author wrote that to me!!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good eye Michelle! we sure did! we won a blog makeover from Farah at Messy Bun Designs ! Im a big fan of a simpler and clean design. Yes we met J.L. Bryan last weekend and omg! he signed all my books, and we had coffee and chatted for a while. it was so much fun! big fan girl moment! Thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  10. Number 10 seems to have been a really awkward experience! lol
    Meeting authors is probably the best of all, though!
    Great photoshoot, too. Books everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes meeting one of my fav authors was AMAZING! and the photo shoot was so much fun.. its silly how that can make some 20-30 year old act like teenagers! thanks for stopping by eve! - katie @Inkk

      Delete
  11. Awesome list! #10 made me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Krisha and I are serious about getting our books back! We are cool with letting people borrow stuff , but know that we NEVER forget who has what.. well maybe Krisha did forget that time! thanks for checking out our list Lola! - Katie

      Delete
  12. What a fun list! And thanks so much for including me in your Fan-Girl moment, Katie. I'm honored my novel, A HUMAN ELEMENT, was the first signed book you ever received. I'm sure you'll have fun receiving many more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing, you two! I'm sure you'll have many more great bookish memories as time progresses.

    Pgp encryption

    ReplyDelete
  14. we sure did! we won a blog makeover from Farah at Messy Bun Designs ! Im a big fan of a simpler and clean design.

    Bandsaws

    ReplyDelete