Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting on The Gathering Dark

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event here @ Inkk, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week's "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: The Gathering Dark by Christine Johnson



The Gathering Dark 

by Christine Johnson

Release Date: Feb 12 by Simon Pulse

Goodreads Summary :

Keira’s hallucinating. First it’s a door hovering above the road; then it’s a tree in her living room. But with her parents fighting and her best friend not speaking to her, Keira can’t tell anyone about her breakdown.

Until she meets Walker. They have an electric connection, and somehow he can see the same shadowy images plaguing Keira.

But trusting Walker may be more dangerous than Keira could have ever imagined. The more she confides in him, the more intense—and frightening—her visions become. Because Walker is not what he appears to be. And neither are her visions


I think this book is a stand alone and that's what I'm leaning towards this year.  It sounds intriguing with "her visions are not what they appear to be".  


14 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds so good. Plus love the cover. Great pick.
    MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the cover too! Anything with stars really appeals to me.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      ~Krisha

      Delete
  2. This book seems interesting and I really want to read it but I hope that it doesn't turn out to be some insta-love. But other than that it sounds awesome :) Great choice!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would be annoying. I'm in search of "The Great Stand Alone Book of 2013". Maybe this will be it.

      Thanks for stopping by.
      ~Krisha

      Delete
  3. OOoh intriguing!! Sounds like an interesting read!

    Here's my Wow

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica,
      I'm kind of excited about it. Hope it doesn't let me down.
      Thanks for commenting!
      ~Krisha

      Delete
  4. This looks pretty freaky but awesome at the same time.
    http://www.elisquared.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-70.html?showComment=1360166615071

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallucinating is pretty freaky. lol

      Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Krisha

      Delete
  5. This sounds so awesome, and I love the cover!! Great pick adding to my pile, today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty cover. I love the stars.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Krisha

      Delete
  6. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dani! I hope it live up to the hype. :)
      ~Krisha

      Delete
  7. Love the sound of this!!
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes out in a few days. I hope to pick it up.
      Thanks for visiting our WoW!
      ~Krisha

      Delete