Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Madman's Daughter




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event here @ Inkk, hosted by
 Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




This week's "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Madman's Daughter - by Megan Shepherd

Expected publication: January 29th 2013 by Balzer + Bray


London, 1894. Juliet Moreau has built a life for herself—working as a maid, attending church on Sundays, and trying not to think about the scandal that ruined her life. After all, no one ever proved the rumors about her father’s gruesome experiments. But when she learns her father is alive and continuing his work on a remote tropical island, she is determined to find out if the accusations were true. 


Juliet is accompanied by the doctor’s handsome young assistant and an enigmatic castaway, who both attract Juliet for very different reasons. They travel to the island only to discover the depths of her father’s madness: he has created animals that have been vivisected to resemble, speak, and behave as humans. Worse, one of the creatures has turned violent and is killing the island’s inhabitants. Juliet knows she must end her father’s dangerous experiments and escape the island, even though her horror is mixed with her own scientific curiosity. As the island falls into chaos, she discovers the extent of her father’s genius—and madness—in her own blood

So i actually stumbled across this book today on Goodreads, and got really excited thinking about this plot. yes, this seems to be a retelling , or a different angle or H.G. Wells  " The Island of Dr. Moreau" but I feel this is going to bring some fresh new light on a great story, and I am totally looking forward to it. 

Also , Check out The Madman's Daughter on Goodreads, scroll down half way through the page, and you can see a Goodreads " First Reads " giveaway. ENTER TO WIN ONE OF 10 ARC BOOKS avaliable! 

What do you think about this read? and What are you waiting on ?
~ Katie @ Inkk

40 comments:

  1. Sounds disturbing....but very interesting!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this one too! I've been trying to get my hands on an ARC but so far no luck:( Great choice!

    You can see my WOW pick here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you enter that goodreads giveaway? they are giving a way an ARC ! thanks for stopping by !
      - Katie

      Delete
  3. I've read some nice reviews about the book, definitely on my TBR pile :) Hope you get it soon ;)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is at the top of my 2013 "To Read" list. I also found it via Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know.. i excited for this book, good plot.. different . i love it - katie

      Delete
  5. Ooh haven't heard of that one I don't think. But it does look familiar!

    Nice pick!

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! Returning the follow!

    Have a GREAT day!

    NEW Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds sooo good... Nice pick. Thank you for stopping by.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, im excited for this read! thank for the comment love! - Katie

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Wow, this sounds great! I love the cover too! New follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right, great cover and plot.. GOLDEN! thank for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  8. This one's been on my list for weeks :D Can't wait - it sounds deliciously creepy!
    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the setting and the creepiness of this story. It almost has a slight Frankenstein feel to it. I definitely want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right.. i think its just what i need.. something different and slightly creepy ! <3 - Katie

      Delete
  10. So much buzz on this one! I am definitely curious. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah there is. don'tforget to enter the goodreads giveaway for the arc! crossing my fingers!! -Katie

      Delete
  11. I've heard about this one awhile ago and cannot wait until I get this one!
    Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meee tttoooooo! ;) thanks for the comment! - Katie

      Delete
  12. Oooh... great wow!! Will definitely check it out!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds interesting! Love the title! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great read. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm seeing a lot of this one today. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this last week on goodreads, but I'm still deciding if I'm going to read it when it comes out. It really does sounds interesting though.

    Great pick! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my WoW. I'm not sure this one is for me or not, but they can't all be. New follower by the way!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! I absolutely love that cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Does seem like a retelling but a creepy and great idea to work with. I'm also waiting on this one! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh man this sounds creeptastic! Eeek! It does kind of sound like a retelling you're right but also original enough to make it work :) Great choice, thanks for sharing & for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i love when authors can retell a story but yet really make it different and their own.. i love it! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  21. Oh mannnnn, this sounds so eerily awesome!!! And I really love that cover, time to add this one to my TBR! Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i have to share these good finds! can't wait to read it! thanks for stopping by! -Katie

      Delete
  22. This one is on my list, too. It feels pretty unique compared the to YA books that I've been reading over the last couple of months. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that was my thought exactly.. very different from the very similar books ive been reading recently.. not that there is anything wrong with that.. but i feel like i need something refreshing . can't wait to read this one! thanks for stopping by ! -Katie

      Delete
  23. Love the cover of this one and it sounds creepy good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, i know awesome cover! thanks for the comment love! - Katie

      Delete
  24. This is on my TBR list too.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm really looking forward to this book too!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    Myra @ Pieces of Whimsy

    ReplyDelete