Thursday, November 22, 2012

*VOTE* Cover Wars : Uglies Edition

Time for another Inkk edition of 

Cover Wars 


Up for battle today is the Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld


We are both a big fan of this series, but were unaware until fairly recently how many awesome covers they had. Below are a few ( yes, believe it or not .. these are just a few, mostly U.S and UK covers) covers to check out.

Check out these covers below and let us know what your favorite is. If you saw these in a book store, which ones would grab your attention and make you want to read... let us know in the comments!


U.S. refreshed cover #2
Original U.S cover #1
Another U.S cover... #3
UK Cover #1

UK Cover #2
German Cover


Check out what we think and don't forget 
to VOTE for your favorite below 

Krisha:



  • For the US cover wars, I like #2.  I think it's the most artsy and intriguing.  After having read the books, I think #1 is a good fit.  #3 didn't really catch my eye.  It takes more than just some neon colors to attract me to a cover.  I thought it was boring.  US winner: #2
  • I don't like either of the UK covers.  They are kind of creepy.  Especially that bloody razor.  Gross.  The eyeballs on UK #2 scare me.  My imagination is too vivid at night and these would have to stay hidden on the back of my bookshelf.  UK winner: None.
  • I like the German covers.  I think it does a good, quick job of what the series is about.  I'm interested to see how they did the Extras.  


For this edition of Cover Wars here at Inkk, US #2 is my winner overall with a close second to the German covers.



Katie: Humm.. I really do like all the covers, All for different reasons. 



  • In the original US cover, I like the specials cover. I like that they show the face tattoos, but i would probably be more likely to pick up the second or third cover edition due to their bolder looks. I think if i only get one i pick U.S cover #2
  • Ok UK cover talk: i know over all UK cover #2 is more Action-y , and depicts more of what this series is about. It totally makes sense that this should be the best cover...buuuut i like the bolder cover, I don't know why. I am definitely more likely to pick up UK cover #2 
  • i love love the German Cover. The cover looks a little cheeper and simpler than the other covers, but i like the idea of this cover the best. I think its the perfect balance of telling me what the story is about, but yet bold at the same time. The German Cover might be my best Overall Cover

VOTE ! Which is your Favorite Cover?





  
pollcode.com free polls 

4 comments:

  1. The original covers are actually the reason I picked up the series in the first place, so those are my favorite. I think the Uglies US refreshed cover is kind of funny though. (She's so ugly you have to put a bag over her head.)

    The UK Cover 1 set is incredibly creepy. I wouldn't have even bothered to pick those up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweet. when i read it for the first time i read it under the second u.s. cover.. i guess we are always attached to the versions we first read.. obviously we read them for a reason. thanks so much for your vote! - Katie

      Delete
  2. You know, I... actually can't decide. I love the concept of the new US covers (#2), but I can't say I'm a fan of the actual covers, especially for Uglies... it's just kind of strange. I guess I like US cover #3 (although I've never seen them before!), except I hate the "before THG" tagline... even though it is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thats funny yeah us #2 for the uglies is a bit disturbing. and i actually like us #3 i like bold covers like that. Krisha would disagree ! thanks so for your vote! - Katie

      Delete