Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Top Ten most anticipated books for 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by 

Broke and The Bookish

This Week's Topic is:

Top Ten most anticipated books of 2013

     Krisha's Picks                                          Katie's Picks



















































#1 The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd

Krisha: Check out Katie's WOW for Madman's Daughter! After reading the synopsis for this book, I've bumped it up to the top of my TBR List. Can't wait to read it in 2013! 

# 2 Scarlet( The Lunar Chronicles book 2 ) by Marissa Meyer

Katie: It's no surprise that I can't wait for Scarlet. The Lunar Chronicles is by far the best new series I have read! Check out my review for Cinder, and also my pumpkin I carved for a Cinder pumpkin contest. This series is such a unique spin on the fairy tales you know, yet totally unpredictable! 

# 3 The Program by Suzanne Young

Krisha: The Program reminds me of those creepy old insane asylums that did shock therapy and frontal lobatomys. This is book  #1. I have a strong feeling that someone will get "the treatment" by book #2.

# 4 Unravel - Me by Tahereh Mafi

Katie: This is a great series, I still have Destroy me to read, but I can't wait to great this book, I really enjoyed Shatter me! 

# 5 Taken - by Erin Bowman

Krisha: I chose this one because I haven't read many books lately where a male is the lead character.  It'd be a change in POV that I think would be interesting. 

# 6 Flame -  by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Katie: I really enjoyed book one and two in this series ( Glow & Spark). This series to me has a truly original plot and I can't wait to continue reading book three !!! Check out our review for Glow

# 7 My Name is Rapunzel by KC Hilton

Krisha: Only a 3 line teaser on Goodreads but I'm hoping this will be a clever retelling like Wicked or Cinder.  Plus Katie & I have longs locks so we can identify already with the main character.  

# 8 Divergent Book # 3 - Un Titled 

Katie: No words! If you haven't read this series you are missing out big time.. If I only had to read one book in 2013 it might be this one! Absolutely can't wait ! If you like Dystopian.. this book is a must! Check out our Video Review of Divergent 

# 9 Let The Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger

Krisha: Forbidden romance.  Secret language. The air element.  I'm hooked.  I only have to wait for March on this one.  Can anyone say "pre-order"?

# 10 Requiem by Lauren Oliver

Katie: I am currently reading Book #2 in the series "Pandemonium" and can't wait to keep reading this series. Must find out what happens ! 

40 comments:

  1. LOVE your list! We have a few fantastic ones in common!! Swooning for Unravel Me <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right. these books looks amazing! can't wait to read. thanks so much for stopping by !! - Katie @ Inkk

      Delete
  2. Let the Sky Fall and Scarlet sound like good reads. I may have to start adding more books to my TBR Pile! Here is my TT List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know.. our tbr list gets longer and longer on a daily basis.. and you should check out scarlet's book one " Cinder" soooo good! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  3. This is like the tenth billionth time I've seen the Madman's Daughter. I must know what all the excitement is about!

    Great list. Most of these books I'm excited for as well, some just never made it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marybeth, and thanks for stopping by! im super excited for the madman's daughter too. i think im so intrigued by the plot sounds new and refreshing. cant wait to read it! - Katie

      Delete
  4. I'm excited for 'My Name is Rapunzel' too! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/top-ten-most-anticipated-books-for-2013/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it looks great. thanks for stopping by!! - Katie

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy reading your TTT. Scarlet is on my list - been preordered for months!

    But there are some there that I'd remember putting on my goodreads to-read list that I had forgotten about (like The Program and Let the Sky Fall). They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Kate ! i enjoy yours as well! thanks so much for checking out our TTT! I too have pre ordered Scarlet, and have done everything under the sun to try and WIN an arc for scarlet.. unsucsesfully .. but i keep trying. and yes the program and sky fall looks awesome can't wait ! - Katie

      Delete
  6. Only one match on our lists - Scarlet. Although there would be probably more if I stop procrastinating and read Divergent , Glow, Shatter Me, ... That should be my new year resolution for 2013. :D

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    My Top Ten Most Anticipated Books For 2013...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. so many books so little time! yes i can't wait for scarlet! and omg make it your resolution to read at least Divergent! thanks so much for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  7. There are so many books on this list that I want to read like Scarlet and Requiem. Hope you enjoy them all when you get to them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know.. i can't keep up with the amount of awesome books on my ever growing tbr list! thanks for stopping by. hope you get to read scarlet and requiem soon! - Katie

      Delete
  8. The Program, and Taken...hadn't heard of either of them yet, but they sound great! Will definitely have to add to my TBR list.
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i haven't personally heard of them either, but i found them on goodreads list of books comming in 2013 and they sound AWESOME can't wait to read them. thanks for checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  9. Great picks!! Looking forward to so many of these.

    New follower via GFC : )

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following kate! im looking forward to these too! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  10. A lot of these are on my list, particularly Let the Sky Fall and Taken!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i can't wait for them, they looks awesome! thanks so much for checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  11. So many good books! I only haven't read the Glow series and I hadn't heard of The Program before but the rest are ALL on my TBR list! Great list and can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i really really liked glow ! check out my review for it if your interested. i thought it was truly unique! i can't wait for all of these great reads to come out! thanks so much for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  12. I want ALL of these! Great list, awesome! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ula! can't wait to read them! thanks so much for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. i know. i really am looking forward to that one! looks awesome! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  14. So many I want to read to! The Program and Taken, definitely! Great picks!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, yes those look amazing, i am really looking forward to the program! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  15. I'm so excited for Unravel Me after I finished Shatter Me about a week ago. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thats awesome. i read shatter me a while back, and have destroy me ( the short novella ) on my kindle can't wait to read it soon too! thanks so much for stopping by!
      - Katie

      Delete
  16. Incredible book choices! I'm excited for most of them as well! c: Unravel me has such a beautiful cover, although I have not read Shatter Me. The Program looks wonderful as well!

    Happy Reading!
    Amber @ Thebookpages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shatter me is great! and i am looking forward to checking out the program too. i love that cover! thanks for stopping by ! - Katie

      Delete
  17. Awesome list! I've got many of those on my TBR for 2013...and somehow I managed to leave Divergent #3 off my list...I don't have any idea how I managed to do that, I can't WAIT for it!

    Here's my Top Ten: http://coffeebeansbookshelf.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/top-ten-tuesday-nov-27/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im pretty sure if i only had to pick one book to read in 2013 it would be divergent # 3 !!! can't wait. ! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  18. Not a bad pick in the bunch. I hope I can get through half of all the things I want to next year. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen sister! my tbr pile is going to collapse on me soo. so many books to read so little time! thanks for stopping by and checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  19. Taken has made its way onto a lot of Top Tens this week, and has since been added to my mile-long TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it does look amazing as do so many others... i seriously don't know how people get the time to keep up with all these books.. so hard! good luck keeping up with your tbr pile! and thanks so much for stopping by and checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete