Sunday, November 11, 2012

Quote of the Week : 11/11



I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.  ~Anna Quindlen, "Enough Bookshelves," New York Times, 7 August 1991



I completely agree with this!  I hope to one day myself have bookshelves in every room.  Right now, my books are in boxes, on tables, in my car and other random spots.  I want them each to have a place to be displayed and cherished.  My  brother already has one bedroom entirely dedicated to books.  I'm so jealous of this.  I want my one-day children to love books as much as do.

I only have one tiny bookshelf in my house.  How many do you have?  Please let us know in the comment section below.

Read the article from the New York Times

~Krisha @Inkk


4 comments:

  1. O I love this quote! Right now all my books including my massive collection of both "reading" books and cookbooks mostly live in boxes in my in-laws basement. My husband and I have just one small bookcase in the bedroom we've been staying in to keep some favorites and books we want more accessible. We're currently house hunting and #1 on the list of wants after we have a bed to sleep in and a table to eat at, is definitely bookcases! I'd love to find a house with some built-ins, but if not my aunt tells me they are not that expensive to get custom built by a carpenter. This is probably the one thing I am most excited about for finally getting our own place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on the house hunting Christine. my husband and i rent a condo right now, but one day when be buy a place i would love custom built shelves . like a whole wall of it, like those awesome booknooks you see on pinterest. thanks so much for stopping by! love the comments! - Katie

      Delete
  2. This is such a great quote! My husband and I both love reading and have agreed that we have to someday have our own library in our home. We're both still in school though so that day is in the distant future. Right now we have to smaller bookshelves and they are packed full. We've had to get pretty creative with how we organize our books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey emma, i have had the same crappy dinky bookshelf ( something purchased at staples when i was attending college back in 2006. ) flash forward to 2012... still have the same ole' bookshelf.. well over flowed , painted it twice.. and falling apart.. this year , with high hopes of getting alot of books i have put a huge Ikea bookshelf on my christmas list! i CAN NOT WAIT . how do you and your husband share the shelves.. my husband has some books too, i let him have the bottom shelf , i have the top two! ;) thanks for commenting !- Katie

      Delete