Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday : Fictional Crushes

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by 

Broke and The Bookish

This Week's Topic is:

Top Ten Fictional Crushes


#1 & 2 Peeta Melark 

Katie: I just love how much he loves her, on an emotional level he has got to be the sweetest and most thoughtful fictional charracter. If i were Katniss i would not have taken me three books to be with Petta!

Krisha: It took me a minute to separate the books and the movie on this one.  I have a crush on Peeta from the books, not the movie.  Collins described him quite a bit differently.  I think I have a "crush" on him because he always stayed true to who he was.  I respect him for how he handled a tough deck of cards. Real or Not Real?

# 3 & 4 Eric Northman

Katie : yeah.. if you have read the books ( which i have read all ) or even seen True Blood on HBO you would know why. 
H-O-T and he is such a bad guy with a hidden heart. i just love him! i have "special " scenes in these books marked. all of those "special scenes" have Eric in them! P.S. I probably could have picked all five of my pics from the sookie stackhouse series, Have you seen the shows ! Alcide, Jason, Bill, Sam.. pretty much every guy in this series makes me blush

Krisha: Two words: Shower scene.  And (once again) I'm talking the book version NOT the lame tv version.  Whew... Is it getting a little warm in here or is it just me?

Katie: I know for a fact that shower scene is in book three.. and super bookmarked in my copy! 

# 5 Quinn

Sookie Stack House Series

Krisha : Tall, confident, and turns into a tiger?  Yes, please!  Quinn has a few steamy scenes with Sookie, too. I think my crush on him is mostly due to the physical description more than anything else. 
total fan art, but i like it

#6 Tobias Eaton ( Four)

Divergent

Katie: The strong silent type. who knows the difference between right and wrong , and willing to make a change. Im pretty sure i would join the Dauntless faction just to be around him ;) and don't forget to check out our Divergent Video Review if you haven't already! 

# 7 Henry DeTamble

The Time Travelers Wife 

Krisha : Henry tries so hard to stay in the present but is a slave to his time traveling.  He loves Clare and tries to always do right by her.  I love that they can be crazy during the fun times and serious during the hard times.  Here's a quote I saw about the book "a passionate love affair that endures across a sea of time".  Henry the romantic is very crush worthy.


# 8 Edward Cullen

Twilight Series

Katie: yup i gotta do it, i don't care how cliché it is, I read Twilight years before the first movie came out.. and i fell in love with this character ! I am team Edward all the way ! 


# 9 Jacob Jankowski

Water for Elephants 

Krisha : I love a man who loves animals.  SPOILER: I wasn't a big fan of him getting involved with a married woman but the ending when he took all the animals melted my heart.  And Marlena was the only woman he loved his whole life.  That is very romantic.

Only found some fan art for this one

# 10 David 

The Uglies Series

Katie:  In a society based around having to be pretty. David saw the beauty in Tally even when she didn't see the beauty in herself. I love David for that! (*spoiler* ) Even after he lost Tally in book one he still hoped that he would find her again. ( maybe he did maybe he didn't ;)  you will have to read the series to find out )


Words from the ladies 

It was Katie's choice this week and I liked it even though it was a hard one for me.  I had to do some digging through the bookshelves to relive some swoon worthy moments.  I tried to make my crushes age appropriate, since I'm not a YA.  Katie & I laughed about this while on the phone this week.  I know all my choices but one have shown up on the screen, but I tried not to let that affect my decision too much.  ~ Krisha

I don't know what all the griping is about, i thought this was an easy list.. mine really could have gone on and on! I don't have the same age problem as Krisha does.. i mean that it doesn't matter to me that some of these guys are teenagers, because when i crush on them, i put myself in that girls shoes pretty much. or imagine myself in that situation ( and their age) not how i am now. It is hard to separate yourself from the TV / Movie versions.. but sometimes it helps me imagine the character better, or their impression last longer.  thats why i think those are easier picks.  ~ Katie


Who are some of your top Crushes!  
Happy Reading 
Krisha & Katie 

43 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I had big hopes for them too! Did you make it through all the books? I think I have 2 left to read.

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  2. Great list! Love David and I read Divergent, but it's been so long. Thanks for stopping by my TTT! New follower from me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sunny! I liked Katie's choices, I really should have put Tobias on my list.

      Glad you stopped by here too.

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  3. Deafinitely agree with Edward Cullen! He's so crush worthy <3

    MY TTT Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and that should be "definitely". Sometimes typing is so hard ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, that Edward! He is very romantic. I'd love for someone to write a song for me.

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
    3. definitely is my #1 most missed spelled word by the way! and he is swoon worthy! - Katie

      Delete
  4. We chose the same theme this week :D haha not only that but we have quite a few similar picks featured as well! I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse series or watched True Blood (I know...I know...I think I'd go for the books before the tv show though)but I featured Edward (cliché or not as you said ♥), Four, Peeta and a special mention to Jacob Jankowski (since I ran out of room LOL) Anyways great list, great choices & thanks for sharing!

    Here's my TTT

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micheline, you have great taste in books. lol So similar to ours!
      Thanks for stopping by. We are now a new follower to your site!

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  5. Ohhh, what a swoon-worthy list! Kind of hard when you imagine they're all fictional :( But I do love Tobias, and Henry, and Peeta...
    Thanks for stopping by and following :) I've returned the favor! It seems like we have a quite similar taste in books!

    Judith @ Paper Riot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith. I think the Eric Northam from the Trueblood show is super swoonworthy!
      Although it was Katie that stopped by, I'm totally in love with your blog! Looking forward to being a follower of yours.

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  6. I totally understand the hesitation about Jacob's involvement with a married woman, BUT the fact that her husband is a total jacka** and that fact that during the time the book took place divorce was not a common thing, I managed to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I couldn't stand it when he beat Rosie. And, yeah, I got over it too. It really wasn't the main focus on the book. They certainly lived happily ever after with their menagerie of animals.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  7. I really liked Henry from the Time Traveler's Wife too, I was crying at the end of that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      This is one of my all time favorite books. I bawled like a baby at the end. Glad to know I'm not alone.

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  8. Great list! I loved that part of Water for Elephants, too, when Jacob made the decision to take all of the animals. I've still got to read Divergent, but I've heard that Four is awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by! New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divergent is so amazing. I think that series will always be on my top ten list. You should move it to the top of your TBR list. Katie & I are desperately waiting for the 3rd book to come out. The author, Veronica Roth, wrote these books while in college. Did you see our Divergent video review?

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  9. Ooo I like that fan art! Probably because I love Max Irons, but that's another story... haha

    And not going to lie, Edward Cullen was my first fictional crush if I remember correctly... I still like him, but I think R Pattz has tainted the character for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting that he was one of Katie's too. I think I was always a little more team Jacob. lol. RPatz wasn't who I would have chose, but now it's hard to picture Edward looking like anyone else.

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
    2. Luckily, I happen to like Robert Pattinson and I didn't get around to reading the books until I watched the first movie (very rare for me, but I avoided the books for a good, long time before finally coming around) -- so I didn't mind picturing Edward as Rob since I didn't have any other preconceived idea as to what he looked like!

      Delete
    3. yeah, even though i read the books first.. the movies are just so big, that i cant even think of who else i would have him be now.. thanks for stopping by!! Katie

      Delete
  10. I'll have to read some of these books to check out the crush-worthy guys! Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl. nothing helps a good book better than a hottie ! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Yes! And Alexander Skarsgard playing him on Trueblood is one of the most genius casting decisions ever made!

      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
    2. gosh.. he litterally makes me blush.. and so does that bookmarked page in book three! omg - Katie

      Delete
  12. Cool list... I love hot book boys!! My fictional crush is on Noah from Pushing the Limits! but I totally agree w/ Henry from The Time Traveler's Wife. Thanks for stopping by My TTT, I love your zig-zags!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have not read pushing the limits! i must check it out. thanks for letting me know and stopping by! - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loooove Four and Peeta!! I love this topic, but I would have THE MOST TERRIBLE TIME narrowing my list down!! Bravo, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right, thats what i said.. i could do top twenty hotties ; ) - Katie

      Delete
  15. Most excellent list of crushable hotties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amy , and thanks for stopping by ! - Katie

      Delete
  16. I look forward to doing this topic in the future. Peeta's a great choice and I'd definitely have Edward on there for sure!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of the True Blood books, but MAN are the guys on the show hot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Peeta and Edward. However I have to say I still love the Peeta from the movie as well. I will admit that I wasn't to excited about who they choice for Peeta at first, but seeing him in the role totally changed my mind, because he truly took the essence of the Peeta from the book and brought him to life for me. It is much the same for Edward. At first I wasn't excited about Robert Pattinson portraying him, but after seeing him on the big screen (and meeting him in person). I have to say he did a great job.

    I never thought of Jacob (from Water for Elephants) as crush worthy, but the way you explained it, I can definitely see where you are coming from. He was a great guy and the fact that Marlena was the only woman he ever loved (and continued to love her after she passed away) that is definitely crush worthy material.

    Besides Peeta and Edward my biggest book crush is Dimitri Belikov from the Vampire Academy Series. =D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, returning some of the love <3.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone and am in love with Akiva. Also have to add Ben from the Mercy Thompson series, Rosco from the Provost's Dog series, Luc from the Personal Demons series and...Jameson Rook from the Nikki Heat series - just off the top of my head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice, I'm definitely with you about Peeta and Jacob. Still haven't read the True Blood series - I really need to as I was obsessed with the first few series of the show. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list, thanks for sharing! Henry from The Time Traveller's Wife was such an interesting character, there's so much going on with him and he's quite a well-rounded individual.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier this week! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jennifer Hayes Montanari PettigrewNovember 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

    I am a TOTAL Gale fan for hunger games! He was always there for her, took care of her family, taught her everything she knew, so I pick Gale instead of Peeta. Then, definitely Tobias from Divergent, Sean Kendrick from the Scorpio Races, Fade from Enclave, Finn from the Trylle series.

    My number one (other than my husband, Adam) will ALWAYS be Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. No question.

    That's only seven, but that's all I've got right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol awesome !!! i love your picks.. i havent read all of those, but i need to! and yes Gale is great too! He was for sure always there for her and her family.. i guess to me he is more of a brotherly figure for katniss i guess... He for sure is hotter as Liam Helmsworth . YUM ! thanks so much for sharing your picks !

      Delete