Monday, June 17, 2013

Top Ten Books on our Summer TBR LIst



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by


This Week's Topic is:





         Top Ten Books on our Summer TBR List      




# 1 & 2 The Vampire Shrink 

Lynda Hilburn

Krisha :   All but one of my books are TBR's that were sent to me/us by the publishers so I'll add a little synopsis about each that I've found about the book.  
Vampire Shrink- "Kismet Knight is a young psychologist with a growing clinical practice, and she's always looking for something to give her the edge in her chosen career. When her new client turns out to be a Goth teenager who desperately wants to become a vampire, Kismet is inspired to become the vampire shrink, offering her services to people who believe they are undead."  
I like the Sookie Stackhouse books so I think I'll like this series, too.

Katie : I've already started on Vampire Shrink , and so far I like it ! Krisha is right, if you are a fan of the Southern Vampire , Sookie Stackhouse Series, I think you would enjoy this series as well. After I finish my current book I am reading for an up coming tour then I will dive right back in to TVS!

# 3 & 4 Blood Therapy

Lynda Hilburn

Krisha: This is book two about Kismet and her vampire clients.  She seems to have fallen in love and bad stuff seems to have happened to her.  Dang, I hate reading the backs of follow-ups.  Just kidding, I actually love spoilers! Seriously! :)

Katie : Im hoping for great things from this series! Can't wait to get to book two!


# 5 & 6 Ethereal Fury (Gemini Rising, #1)

Jessica O'Gorek

Katie: Mother Earth fights back! I love it! We recently were sent this book for review! Can't wait to read it! It sounds awesome!

Krisha: "Mother Earth, wounded by the human race and its disregard for her resources, will recruit human souls to serve Her and turn against humanity. A rising force festers; Gemini, a clan of paranormal beings will systematically possess and destroy towns, cities, and states. Amidst the chaos, a forbidden relationship between Onyx, a lead Gemini, and Violette, a human, begins."

Mother Earth vs. Humanity?  I'm hooked. 


# 7  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Ransom Riggs

Krisha: This is the only book on my summer reading list that's not up for review.  I'm really looking forward to this book, but the cover does creep me out a little.  

# 8 Requiem

Lauren Oliver

Katie: Well the last couple of book I have read have been for tours and reviews, and don't get me wrong I have read some AMAZING books recently for Review! Especially The Photo Traveler ! But it is so nice to read a book for you every now and then, and I really like to keep up with my series. I hate falling behind. So I can't wait to finish my Delirium series!

# 9 Like Moonlight at Low Tide

Nicole Quigley

Krisha: "Nicole Quigley’s breakthrough novel tells the story of Melissa Keiser and three boys, whose lives intertwine in a tragic and hauntingly poetic coming-of-age tale that will have fans of YA fiction abuzz long after the book’s emotional end.
Tackling the sensitive and widespread issues of teen suicide, drug use, sex, and faith, LIKE MOONLIGHT AT LOW TIDE does so in a new and sophisticated way – providing a fresh alternative to the teen pop novels and stories of love triangles rampant in the YA market."  

Probably not my typical read, but I respect the story told in the book Thirteen Reasons Why and I these subject matters reach a broad audience.

# 10 Scarlet  (Lunar Chronicles #2)

Marissa Meyer 

Katie: Again.. here is another ME book! I just hate it when I fall behind on Series, I feel like I have been falling more behind than normal, so hopefully I can take some time to catch up on my lovely treasure! If you haven't read Cinder it is a MUST READ!!! Sooo good! If your not convinced check out my Cinder Review !


Thanks for stopping by our TTT this week!
 
&


7 comments:

  1. Scarlet was even better than Cinder for me! I also need to read Requiem, but based on reviews about the ending, I'm a little scared. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top ten! Miss Penegrine is on my TBR list too:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED Miss Peregrine! It was totally creepy! Definitely hope you enjoy it. Also, Scarlet was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Miss Peregrine as well since everyone who has read it seems to have loved it!
    Great list, and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for Scarlet soon. Seriously! That book is awesome!

    Check out my TTT?

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is one I want to read at some point. Not a priority but still want to check it out. Have a great Summer!
    Here is my Tuesday Post.

    ReplyDelete