Monday, January 7, 2013

Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by 

Broke and The Bookish

This Week's Topic is:

           Top Ten bookish goals for 2013           

#1 2013 Goodreads Challenge 

Katie : This is my first year taking part in the Goodreads Challange, and really have no idea how many books i even read last year. so i know my number is a little low for most of you, but if i find myself sailing through it, i've been told i can always change my goal later. so for now it is 25 books .

I also Resolve to figure out how the H-E-L-L  to put up the HTML for my goodreads goal and krisha's goodreads goal on our sidebar with out them automatically changing to both say they are mine! any help here guys i would appreciate it!


Krisha: I chose 48. It's a little less than one a week and tend to read more than that in the summer. I'm a quick reader and, in the famous words of Barney Stinson... Challenge Accepted! 

  

#2 Read More / Faster

Krisha: As mentioned above, I'm a pretty fast reader.  Always have been, always will be.  I really do need to read more.  My brain has been on overdrive for quite some time and books have taken a back seat.  I hope my Goodreads challenge will help me with this resolution. 
Katie:  I may not be the fastest reader, but I  do read a little every day. I will try to put aside extra time during daylight hours to read as well. 

Katie Finds time to Blog at school in between teaching classes 

# 3 Review More

Katie: yeah, I have to get better at this too! Ive been known to read a book semi quickly then lolly-gag around and take my sweet time writing a review! NO MORE I SAY!
Krisha: I solemnly swear that I am up to no good to review EVERY book that I read in 2012.

#4 Create & Schedule Posts further in Advance



Krisha: Time really flies by sometimes.  Katie & I have an on-line, color-coded calendar to keep ourselves organized and it's no surprise that TTT is every Tuesday.  But I was infected with the procrastination virus as a young child thus preventing me to do things in a timely manner.  I'm sure Katie will help me find a cure for this horrible, horrible ailment.  So I'm setting a goal to work on things sooner than what I've been doing.  

Katie:    Clearly i'm not starting that resolution tonight ... seeing as its only hours before this post goes up and we are still typing away.  In our defense, it is harder to schedule post in advance when we do dual post like this one. Krisha and I live in different states, and to do a post together can sometimes be challenging ... but so much fun.  



#5 Be more Social 

Katie: We are new to the blogging world (only up and running for about 6 months now). Not to mention I never had twitter before now. I would like to make more blogger friends and chat more ! 
Krisha: Social networking can be so much fun.  I hope that we make more contacts with authors, publishers, and fellow bloggers out there.


#6 One bottle of wine per book

Krisha 
Krisha: I'm not saying whether or not we are resolving to limit to one bottle of wine per book or to actually drink an entire bottle of wine per book.  We'll see how the year goes. 
Katie: I  think we should resove to drink a whole bottle of wine  per book, and if its a big one... say 400 pages or more then it should be one of those BIG BOTTLES OF WINE! 



# 7 Find a local bookstore 

Katie: Yeah Krisha did bring up this idea today, which i think is good. gives us a way to network to locals, and support the local community ! ( even though i do get 20% off at Barnes & Nobles)
Krisha: I had been thinking about this a lot since we started blogging.  I love the movie "You've Got Mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks and I've always wanted to be a regular at a locally owned bookstore.  Unfortunately, my wallet keeps this from happening.  But I can start as a customer and then work my way up to regular.

# 8 Make a book blogging best friend 

Krisha & Katie
Krisha: I see all the friendships that are in the book blogging world and I want in! I think it's sweet to have other people that love books as much as you do.  Katie & I are such best friends and we have room in our hearts for more blogging best friends. 
Katie:Yes,  I am so fortunate to have Krisha,  and it was serendipitous Finding Loretta @ Between the Pages when i lived in West Virginia. there is definitely more room for more great friends!  

#9 Be more HTML savvy 

Katie: This is a big one... sometimes i find myself fighting battles with the computer, needless to say sometimes i don't always win. I would like to get better, i do think i've come a good way with video and photo editing and making collages... but there is so much more i would like to be better at. 
Krisha: Oh, lord.  A lot of what I'm in school for is so computer intensive with specialized programs.  Some days I can barely get those to function properly.  I would like to be more savvy, but Katie and I are at two extremely different stages of savviness (i.e. She does all this web design, I type a witty phrase now and then.)


Check out our cool woozies to go with our required reading wine
( our bestie Brandi, Krisha & Katie)

# 10 Get our name out there 

Katie: I love marketing our brand and getting our name out there.. maybe make some bookmarks or more tote bags with Inkk on it would be cute.. maybe pens?
Krisha: I'm thinking something more fun like coozies.  No wait... even better... WOOZIES!!!





Don't forget to enter our Birthday GIVEAWAY going on right now. its  epic! For more info on the prizes and how to enter check out our GIVEAWAY TAB ABOVE! 


44 comments:

  1. I love the wine idea. Brilliant. You could really get nerdy with it and drink wine from the region the book is set in or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you say that about the pairing. I was telling Katie that we should start pairing any drink with books. For instance... a bold, earthy flavored wine for Hunger Games or a root beer float for the Percy Jackson books. Something fun! Maybe be on the lookout for this on our blog in the future!
      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  2. I have some similar goals! I love the wine though!

    Good luck with all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marybeth. I guess we'll see in December how well we did. :)
      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  3. Great goals. Good luck with all of them. Good luck with finding blogging friends. I'd love to be one of your blogging friends. :)

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal Danica! and thanks for stopping by , its sooo good to make new blogging friends ! - Katie

      Delete
  4. I wanna be your friend! :) Love all your goals btw, they rock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! and thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  5. I love your list! it's so true it seems like everyone has such great friends one of my goals is to connect more too. good luck with your list
    my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah , the more friends the merrier ! glad you stopped by to chat! - Katie

      Delete
  6. I had to laugh: One bottle of wine per week? Well, I guess I'm done this week. Love your goals and your writing styles. (I am oh so html challenged but even I have managed to grasp a thing or two. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well.. we could always graduate to a box wine! those ususally have like four bottles inside! :) thanks Vikk for stopping by, having you chat with us makes it all so worth while ! - Katie

      Delete
  7. You both have some really great goals! I especially like the wine one. ;)

    I can relate to a lot of your goals. I haven't been blogging long and I really need to get more HTML savvy, make some more book blogging friends, and I also entered my first good reads challenge! Good luck to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we are a long way from savvy too, but i guess you got to start somewhere! good luck on your goodreads challenge im interested to know how many you put as your goal! thanks for the chat Kay! - Katie

      Delete
  8. I love #7! So funny! I agree with connecting more...so important! Great list. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, its always good to make new blogger friends! - Katie

      Delete
  9. The wine goal made me laugh.... I don't think I'd be any good at keeping that one. I think over an entire year I only manage to drink two bottles of wine :P

    There's a lot of your goals that I can relate - or even have as my own.

    Good luck to the both of you in keeping some of these bookish resolutions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad we could make you smile! thanks so much for stopping by Kate ! - Katie

      Delete
  10. Hahaha, one bottle of wine per book sounds totally acceptable!! I love your other goals as well, I definitely want to make more friends and discover some bookstores like the one in You've Got Mail! Good luck ladies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith for stopping by! wine always makes things better. heck , you should check out our Alexander Death Review by J.L. Bryan Video Review + Wine = awesomeness ! - Katie

      Delete
  11. I super love 8 and 9! I also want in on #8! I've been blogging for a month now, and I havent got any blogger friends yet, so it;s definitely a goal for 2013. Also, in #9, the only htmls I know are the real simple ones, and it'll be real cool to know more :) Happy 2013 and I hope you achieve all your goals! Good luck K's :D

    My Bookish/Blogging Goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i still can't belive that you have only been blogging for a month! love your blog! and id love to be friends. its great to find other bloggers that are new at this stuff.. we can try to figure out some of the html stuff together! lol ! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  12. You two always make me laugh...thank you for that :) Great goals! I'll be cheering you on :) Amie Beamer www.readingya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie , i always enjoy checking out your blog as well! - Katie

      Delete
  13. I love your list! I also need to work on making more blogging friends! Good luck with achieving your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you ever want to chat, usually krisha or i are on twitter @InkkReviews , thanks for stopping by Fiona ! and good luck with your goals! - Katie

      Delete
  14. I was going to start going: I agree with #2, #...but I can't. Wanna know why? Because I agree with basically all of these! Love your list and yes, I LOVE blogging friends! You can have one in me :)

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-bookish-goals-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny ! i really loved your goals! and 500 followers is a great goal. i might have to tack that onto my list! - Katie

      Delete
  15. Good luck with your goals. I need to review more books that I read aswell. I need to find the time for it! :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! finding time to read is always a biggie ! good luck with your goals Nina! and thanks for stopping by to chat! - Katie

      Delete
  16. #3 - Awesome Harry Potter reference -- LOVE it so much!
    #7 - My favorite kinds of local bookstores are used books stores. I like the combination of supporting a local business while also getting a great price. You're never going to pay full price at a used bookstore and you also never know what kind of treasures you might find there. AND I like the idea that books other customers have brought in for trade are getting a new home -- an all around win if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, there is a HUGE used bookstore by my house and sadly i still haven't been to it yet! i need to check it out! thanks for stopping by christine! -Katie

      Delete
  17. Best list I've read today so far :) You guys are too cute! I love #s 6-8 especially. 1 bottle of wine/book is a good goal! I hope you accomplish it haha. I would love to find an indie bookstore too... I love the smell of books and little indie bookstores have the best smell (is that weird?). And I love the Blogging-Best Friends thing... I need/want more blogging friends too!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww michelle! your comment made me smile ear to ear! it great doing post, but it is so much more fulfilling when we get your input on our post! thanks for stopping by, and if your ever one twitter and want to chat you know who to tweet :) - Katie @ InkkReviews

      Delete
  18. I LOVE your bottle of wine idea. I really might have to implement that in my 2013 reading activities. So creative.

    I really also love the idea of being more social. I havent blogged in so long, and decided to start fresh, so I'm literally like a week in and have completely lost contact with all of my old blogging friends.

    It will be nice meeting new people and making new friends in the blogging community!

    Good luck with all of your goals!

    Manda C.
    http://isolemnlyswearx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manda! with your 100 book goal you set for yourself you are going to need alot of wine too! hope to chat with you more often! its great meeting new bloggers! thanks for stopping by - Katie

      Delete
  19. Wow! Great list. It makes me feel like a complete slacker! I'm a new follower on your blog and I am in love with your set up, fonts, etc. I definitely plan on coming back and checking out all your reviews.

    And I love your wine goal. I'm all for tossing out the limit and making it one bottle PER book. ;]

    Stop by our TTT

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Kait, i can't tell you how many times i changed our whole "look " in the last 6 months, we've been through at least 3 different backgrounds and headers, and more fonts than you can name. but this look has stuck for a couple of months.. i can't help it . p.s. wine make all reading better! lol thanks for stopping by ! look forward to chatting with you! - Katie

      Delete
  20. This post was so much fun to read! I would love some guidance on the HTML for a drop-down menu bar...Good luck on the bookish goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh! you ain't lying! i wish i knew how to do that too! drop down menu bars are beyond my realm of know how ! but if i figure it out i will keep you posted! thanks for stopping by Angela! - Katie

      Delete
  21. I absolutely love the goals, especially #8. One of the best things about blogging is the friendships that we form. Best of luck with all of your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true ! what is blogging if you have no one to share your thoughts with! thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete
  22. I think I need to start drinking wine and reading books, too! What a fabulous idea. The real question is: do I drink while writing my reviews? Now THAT could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Tara that is a good question indeed :) as a matter of fact wine + reviewing does make it interesting! If you get a chance check out our Alexander Death video review... there was wine involved :)
      Thanks for stopping by! - Katie

      Delete