Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 9/24


Top Ten Tuesday is Hosted by
Todays topic is : 

Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished (because either you didn't like them, you just have procrastinated, etc.

the way we are going to do "Top Ten Tuesday" here at Inkk is that we will both (Katie and Krisha ) give you our top 5 picks, to give you a total of 10. It is likely however that we may share some of the same ideas, that just goes to show you how we think alike. 


1 Krisha: The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor - I honesty can't remember why I didn't finish this series. I thought this book was very interesting. 

Katie: The Alchemyst by Michael Scott - It was a really good series, book one was amazing, two and three were good, but again.. it just got way to lengthy and drawn out, and somewhere between book 4 and 5 they might have lost me. 


Katie: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard  - Don't get me wrong. I like the series, and I did read 10 of the books, so I think I am only missing 1 right now. but for me the series is starting to run together, and with the TV series out at the same time (which i am a fan of) it gets hard to keep them separate



Krisha: The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart - This book was a little too below my reading level.  I'll probably pick it back up one day to read to my (future) child.

5&6

Katie : The Maze Runner by James Dashner- I really liked this series! but after 3 great books, I can't go all the way back to the beginning and get interested in a prequel. Just never been that much into prequels  especially if I already know what is going to happen later! Sorry, I am sure it was great. 


Krisha: The Maze Runner by James Dashner - The prequel (#4) just came out a month ago.  I don't mind a prequel but I do understand why they can be annoying. 

7 Krisha: The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris -  I think I haven't read the last 2 in a series of 14(?).  They were getting a little redundant but I'll still finish them.




8 Krisha: Divergent by Veronica Roth - Waiting on #3!!!!!!



9 Katie: Half Blood Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I do like this series , and am waiting for the anticipated release of book 4 and 3.5? Deity and Elixir .. however again, I am not a fan of prequels. I am too invested in where we are now in the series to go back and read a prequel ( Daemon) . but i am looking toward the future and I am excited for the new books.




10 Katie: The Lying Game by Sara Shepard - again, same problem i ran into with Pretty Little Liars. If you don't know me by now, i looove TV. For those of you that watch the show, and read the book you know that  THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Literally i think my brain couldn't keep up with what happened on the show and keep it separate from what was happening in the book. 

The only series i have been able to successfully keep separate is the Sookie Stackhouse series, mostly because True Blood comes out once a year in the summer, so i always try to read the books at different times. Even that is getting harder now, the book and tv versions have completely diverted away from each other!


Anyways , thats our TTT this week! What's yours? 


-Katie & Krisha @ Inkk

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I totally could have added The Maze Runner to my list. However, I haven't made it through the first three yet! I did just trade for the second book so maybe I'll finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i thought it was pretty good. definitely worth finishing. thanks for stoping by!

    Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete