Thursday, January 9, 2014

REVIEW: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant by Veronica Roth 

Divergent # 3

Published Oct. 22. 2013 - Harper Collins

526 Pages

Source: Hard Cover bought. 

Links: Goodreads / Amazon


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.



               My Thoughts                

A shocking and tear jerking conclusion to the Divergent Trilogy! 

Allegiant starts off strong with the venture of Tris, Tobias, and a small group of Allegiant. Those who call themselves Allegiant believe in what they learned in the video at the end of Insurgent. They believe in the faction system put in place by the generations before them, and the choice to pick which faction you want to belong to. Tris, Tobias and a small group of others venture outside of the boundary lines to see what waits for them...

*** Spoilers , don't read any further if you have not yet read Allegiant. ***


I am so glad that they went outside of the boundaries in this book. From the very beginning of Divergent my parter in crime, Krisha, didn't like that they never explained what was outside of Chicago. Come to find out, the only world they have ever known was really just an experiment to cure the world of defective genes. Those who are "Divergent" are Genetically Pure. Allegiant definitely had a different feel to it than the other two books, most of Allegiant took place outside the city. I liked how Tris's mother was involved in all of this , that she came from the "outside" and chose to be apart of the abnegation faction. I love how Tris was able to understand her mother more by reading her journals. 

And now the moment you all want to talk about.. ughhh I still can't believe it happened.. Tris ... D.I.E.D..... 




first off , I knew she wouldn't get hurt from the kill serum, and then after all that .. she got shot !??!? When I first read it I thought it was just going to be a flesh wound.. I had NO IDEA that Veronica Roth was going to take it there... so I kept reading and stayed in denial. Even when everyone was sad.. even when Tobias was loosing it and ready to take the memory serum,  there was a baby glimmer that they were going to pull a magic rabbit out of the hat or something and bam, Tris would be alive.... wait for it.. wait for it... NOOOOO. She really died people, I was in total shock ! 




 How many YA dystopian books do you know of that kill off the main character ! I haven't read many, Heck, I am still in shock about it now. As much as I really didn't like that Tris died, I will say that it was balls-y, and the pain and sorrow that Tobias went through was heart breaking. It was for sure a stunning, and shocking conclusion to the Divergent trilogy. As much as I wish that it didn't happen personally, I see why it had to happen to make for a solid conclusion to this series. I would love to know what you thought of it! 

Plot : Good, learned a lot about the society, traveled outside of the boundaries. was a little slow at times but definitely picked up. 

Characters: definitely loved and learned a lot more about my main characters, especially Caleb, Tris, Tobias and loved learning more about Natalie Prior. You really had to read the Four Novellas to feel attached to others such as Uriah. I wasn't as attached to the other characters as I feel they wanted me to be. 

Cover: amazing, matches great with the other two book in the series

You might like: Hunger Games, Shatter Me, 

Rating: 4 Stars   












No comments:

Post a Comment