Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 10/10

Top Ten Tuesday is Hosted by
Todays topic is : 

Top Ten Bookish Confessions ( Anything! You dog ear, you hated a book but said you loved it, you have $500 library fines...anything goes!)

1: Krisha:  I can't stand the thought of book pages being ripped from their spines. But with that being said, I''m currently dismembering a botanical book from the '50s to frame as art in my house. Look for it on Inspired Friday's in the next month or so. 
2: Katie:Since we are talking about dismembering books, I have torn out pages from a book before, also in the name of art. However, i only take pages that aren't necessarily needed. ex. at the end of book one of a series there are the first couple chapters of book two.. which are not needed to me, since i own book two. Also one time i lost my current Sookie Stackhouse book i was reading, re bought it ... and then found it. i know that sounds bad. I have done many more projects with book pages, but like Krisha you will have to wait for Inspired Fridays.



3 Krisha: I always read books cover to cover. That includes quotes and dedications at the the beginning all the way to the author bios at the back. A book is not completed until done so. 
4 Katie: Ok, im ready for everyone to kill me now. I have always read a paperback by folding back it back and holding it with one hand (breaking the spine), not all the time, and I am trying to get better I swear. My defense is that i have only recently joined the book reading world, never was much of a reader before.. so I was ignorant, I am sorry and I will stop! 
5 Krisha: I am the worst about reading book spoilers if the book or series seems boring. Totally did this with a series Katie was reading and things got so crazy stupid that i never even started on them, thank goodness. Katie is my voice of reason and makes huge efforts for me not to look ahead even though she is not always successful.
6 Katie: yes, yes, i dog ear pages! ... i don't think this is as bad as the spine, i think it gives it character. and while we are on the subject, i am sure i have gotten a coffee ring or makeup stains on there as well.. sorry:(
7 Krisha: I Have cried more over books that I have over some of the horrible things that I've seen on the news. And I don't want to talk about it. 
8 Katie: as an adult I have never been to the public library, nor have i ever had a library card.. i know weird right, but again, i was never much of a reader until 2008.
9 Krisha: This is my biggest confession and the one I feel most guilty about... I have Brandi's copy of Water for Elephants. I've had it for years and I'm not sure if my guilt outweighs the of one of the few hardbacks in "my"collection. Sorry girl! Love ya!
10 Katie: I am not sure if this is weird or not, i don't think i have ever talked to someone, or mentioned this before, nor do i know if this is a no-no or not. I really hate the covers that come the hard backs. you know, the covers, or whatever they are called. and i for sure can't read a hard back with that on either. but no worries, i don't throw them away, i save them and stash them away for later. 




Whew! that was hard to confess! what bookish confessions do you have? let us know in the comments. 

Thanks, and Happy Reading
Krisha & Katie

13 comments:

  1. Oh boy I dog-ear pages and break the spine too - but I'm in treatment for it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! i swear ill go to book rehab for it! no more! thanks for stopping by!

      Katie@ Inkk

      Delete
  2. I cringed only a couple times while reading this post!! Well mainly #4 & #6 ;)
    I won't take pages out of MY books for projects. Never! LOL! I will buy a really crappy book from the dollar store! Or, if I have an ARC of a book I already have a finished copy of, and none of my friends want it I will. LOL
    & I don't go to the library! In WV I have more of a selection in the YA department, and people leave gunk on them I'd rather not touch! =D
    Great TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know i know i promise to get better for 4 & 6! and when we did the projects together at my house, i used a book i already had. that sookie stackhouse book i bought twice. and no one around me would want it because it was just a random book in the middle of the series.

      and im glad to know other readers don't go to the library, you for sure though have a bigger ya section then most libraries i am sure!

      thanks loretta!
      Katie@ Inkk

      Delete
  3. Breaking the spine and dog-earing *cringe* I also do the same as point 3 and sometimes I feel like crying after a really sad book; even have tears in my eyes. Yeah, that's what you get when you live inside the book. Great list!

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mel, i checked out your blog by the way and love it, looks like we have alot of book and series in common, i tried to leave a comment on your TTT but i could not find where to leave one at. but i am also waiting on Scarlet to come out. CAN'T WAIT ! and the other books look awesome. i will have to check those out for sure!
      Thanks again!

      Katie@ Inkk

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the comment Mel, and i swear i am now a reformed spine breaker, i have seen the light. -Katie@ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the book confessions topic, and I even considered revisiting it this week. It feels good to get it all off your chest, doesn't it? I can relate to #3, and sometimes I do check spoilers to see if I want to read/continue with a book or not. To save money and space I use the library a lot, mainly for new releases, so I'm usually the first one to check them out.
    Thanks for sharing your book confessions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krisha, what books made you cry so hard? I'm curious.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about it, it usually has to do with animals. I am an avid animal lover and like to read stories where they have a big presence. Recently, I cried over the book The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. The story is from the pov of a dog (but not in a cheesy way). It just really made me think about my dog that I said goodbye to last year. Anthropomorphism at it's best. And in Lovely Bones, I bawled like a baby when her dog found her in heaven. Dang it, tearing up just thinking about it!
      That's about all I can think of at the top of my head. Thanks for asking! Headed to your TTT now!
      ~Krisha @ Inkk

      Delete
  7. I didn't know you were even supposed to try and read them without bending the spine... I've always read them one handed... except once when I bought a book as a gift but really liked the look of it so read it before hand and was trying to make it looked like I hadn't (I guess that's my book confession for the day! Cool post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey re3ecca, i am sooooo glad you posted. now i don't feel so bad. i know i used to think the norm was folding the book back ( paperback) and reading with one hand... but after joining the book blogging world i quickly found out that its a no no... thanks soooo much for posting! you rock!

      Katie @ Inkk

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete