Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top Ten Settings We Would Like To See More Of



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Broke and The Bookish

This Week's Topic is:

           Top Ten Settings We Would Like to See More Of           



Katie's Picks                                        Krisha's Picks 





                                           Krisha's Picks                                            

# 1 Ferris Wheel 

Let me start by saying that I think they are magical. They made an appearance in "Divergent" and "Uglies". They are such a unique item and I love when authors incorporate them into a setting.


# 2 Labyrinth / Maze

I first read about labyrinths in Green mythology. So much craziness can happen! And who didn't love the movie "The Labyrinth" ?


# 3 Natural Disaster Anticipation

The built up in a story that cam come knowing a blizzard / hurricane / flood is going to happen has me on the edge of my seat. 


# 4 Pioneer Times ( Supernatural )

Think "Little House on the Prairie" but add in some werewolves or something. I think I would laugh if I saw a book with this plot though. 


# 5 Southern Appalachian Mountains 

I love this little area of heaven on Earth. I like when books are set in this area because chances are, I've been there or nearby. 

                                           Katie's Picks                                           

# 6 Underground

I don't know why I love books that are based underground so much, mostly I think its because I like a good survival story, and the unknowing of what it looks like above. I am a big fan of City of Ember, and I look forward to reading POD's .  


# 7 Outer Space

I would love more space settings, with out it getting too fantasy. I was a huge fan of the Sky Chasers Series ( Glow and Spark) 


# 8 On / Under Water

Well I love the movie "Water World" and thought that whether it be above water ( stuck out in the open ocean ) or a tale with mermaids and other sea beings under water, Water would be a great setting for a YA novel 


# 9 Dystopia

Yes i know we have plenty of Dystopian novels out there currently , but what can i say, i love them, and im totally cool with having more! some of my favorite Dystopian : Hunger Games, Divergent, Cinder... the list goes on ! 


# 10 Dark Fairy Tale Retellings

This really is one of my new favorite settings, i LOVED Cinder, and love to see these dark new twist put on classic fairy tale characters! Sooooo good!

What settings are you looking forward to? - Katie & Krisha

16 comments:

  1. Love the way you formatted your post, ladies :) And I especially love your picks of fairy tale retellings and OMG, yes, labyrinths! I should've mentioned that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! pictures make everything so much fun! thanks for checking out our list ! i am soo ready for fairy-tale retelling! especially after reading Cinder! - Katie

      Delete
  2. Great list! I would LOVE some supernatural pioneer settings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, its a great idea.. a whole lot less resources to battle werewolves in Pioneer days . - Katie

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a labyrinth setting! That would be awesome! Also loving southern Appalachian Mountains! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the maze idea too. and Krisha is all about her mountains ! Thanks for stopping by Fiona! - Katie

      Delete
  4. Okay, a labyrinth setting would be awesome! And yes... if the Ingalls family was fleeing from a rabid werewolf in their covered wagon, I would have been all over that book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha haha , i really did LOL when i read your post! soo funny , that would be a good book! - Katie

      Delete
  5. I don't know if you read Enclave but it is based partly underground and it was good! And I wholeheartedly agree with dark fairy tale retellings. Great list!

    our TTT

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO ! i have not read Enclave, but thanks for the reconmendation i would love to check that out! I am allllll about some underground survival! Thanks Nicole!!! - Katie

      Delete
  6. You both have some awesome picks. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's top 10 list this week. I especially like your choices of underground, natural disaster anticipation, and pioneer times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! i really love underground, and i think storm prepping would be great.. it could be so devastating.. that is leads to people living underground.. BAM ! GREAT IDEA! Thanks for stopping by and checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  7. i totally agree on dystopian and natural disasters! but i want to see more of boarding school as well as survival stories! oh also beach settings

    great post!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES i love survival stories, or even better survival on a deserted island ! great idea! Thanks for stopping by Juhina ! - Katie

      Delete
  8. I would love to see a cozy mystery/ murder mystery that takes place in a carnival setting and I can imagine that the ferris wheel could be used to kill someone. I also love pioneer settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh i like your idea about the murder mystery at a broken down carnival! love it! - Katie

      Delete