Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stacking the Shelves ( 15 )



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviws, where we get to show off what great books we got recently.


Unfortunately we can't stack our shelves every week but when we get some goodies in we will be sure to let you know! 

Its been a while since I have done a Stacking the Shelves so I am excited to share my new-ish goodies since my last STS!

For Review

Inferno Park / J.L. Bryan - Received an early Ebook copy from J.L. Bryan. I am such a fan of all of his book, I can't wait to read it! Review to come !!

Next to You / Claudia - So grateful to Claudia Y. Burgoa for sending me Next To You, book 2 in the Where Life Takes You Series. ( Check out my Review for Where Life Takes You ) Can't wait to read this sequel !


Bought / Given

The Sowing - I won a Signed copy of The Sowing from the author, woot woot !! I have read and reviewed this book ( Check out my review for The Sowing here )

Gathering Blue / Lois Lowry - I Just finished reading the giver ( Check out my review for The Giver ) and I am anxious to continue reading the series. Bought E-Book Copy.

The Monster in the Garden / J.L. Bryan- A collection of short stories by one of my favorite authors , J.L. Bryan. Was given a E-copy by J.L. Bryan.

The Gates & The Infernals / John Connolly - So excited to find this series by one of my all time favorite authors ! John Connolly is the author of my favorite book The Book of Lost Things ( Check out my Review for TBOLT here ) Bought these two at the bookstore. Can't wait to read!

Dear Mr. Henshaw / Beverly Cleary - Found this at the used book store for a couple of cents. I read this in elementary school, loved it.

Island of the Blue Dolphins / Scott O'Dell - Found this at the use bookstore as well for a dollar, and since I just read The Giver ( Review here ) I wanted to give other Newberry Award Winning books a chance.

The Lost Hero & Son of Neptune / Rick Riordan - Love this series, I already own and have read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series ( Check out  my review for the whole series ) Wanted to add the Hero's of Olympus series to my shelves. What great books!!!

Where the Rock Splits the Sky / Phillip Webb - Won this great book in a GOODREADS CONTEST!

The Grave Winner / Lindsay R. Loucks - Won this book in an online giveaway !


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Audiobook /  -Found this audiobook at the used book store. Audiobooks at the used bookstore are usually slim pickings but I'm excited to try this one out on my next trip! 


What new goodies did you get! Let us know!!

13 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Great that you got a signed copy of Next to You.
    Happy Reading.

    My haul @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo hoo , signed copies always make my day! thanks for checking them out ! ~ Katie

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great haul! And signed goodies too! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, signed copies are the best. so personal and special ! ~ Katie

      Delete
  3. Great haul! Next To You looks really good. I'm going to add it!

    Our STS @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keira , I'm really excited to read it, I really enjoyed book one in the series , Where Life Takes You. ~ Katie

      Delete
  4. The cover for The Gates is to die for. I want this for my shelves now!

    Happy Reading!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited about this one. I am a HUGE John Connolly fan, The Book of Lost Things is pretty much my favorite book , but I was un aware that he had this series as well, so i am sooooo excited to read it! ~ Katie

      Delete
  5. Cool, what a nice signed note from the author!

    I love how diverse your shelves are :)

    A lot of these covers are so pretty too!

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, Normally "Next to You" is not really in my genre I normally read but I was sent the first book in the series as a review and really did enjoy it.. so I have been trying to broaden my book horizons. ; ) Katie

      Delete
  6. Wow, awesome haul! That's such a lovely note from Claudia Burgoa :) I've been curious about Where the Rock Splits the Sky, can't wait to see your review on it. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    My StS/Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. the special notes warm me up inside.. I love it!!! I will definitely let you know what I think of Where the Rock Splits the Sky !Thanks for stopping by Alma - Katie

      Delete
  7. That's so cool that it's signed!! I've got 2 signed books now and somehow that just makes them super uber special to me. ;) I love Beverly Cleary! I've read so many of her books...I think the Ramona series is my favourite, but I adored the Dear Mr. Henshaw ones too. Fond memories. OH. And I hope you like Gathering Blue! It's not actually about Jonas, which I was hugely disappointed about, but I still liked it a lot. :)) I just wanted answers after the end of The Giver!
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete