Tuesday, August 19, 2014

REVIEW: The Fault in Our Stars by John Gree

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 

Publication date: July 3rd 2012- Harper Collins 

Source: Bought Paperback copy & Audiobook copy 

Links : Goodreads / Amazon 



Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


                    My Thoughts                   

Full of Feels, Definitely lived up to the hype!!!

I was traveling down to florida, a long 12 hour journey ahead of me, I found myself with a perfect opportunity to listen to my audio book of The Fault in Our Stars. I had heard so many raves about TFIOS, and that even though it was in a genre I normally don't read, I was feeling very tempted to try it out.... I AM SO GLAD I DID.  I loved it so much I didn't want my trip to end, I just wanted to continuously drive until it was done. 

I don't want to give away too much of the story because I was pleasantly surprised that the plot was still very much a surprise to me. Even though everyone talks about this book and there are endless movie trailers for TFIOS, I was very surprised that they did not give away the plot for the book. TFIOS follows Hazel, as a young girl suffering from lung cancer, and Hazel meets Augustus at a group meeting.  TFIOS follows these two as they battle cancer, friendship, and living each day like it might be your last. 

The situations that Hazel and Gus deal with, no matter how difficult, are met with humor, sarcasm and wit. They both had a way of handling their hard situations with words that was just... perfect! I personally don't have the words to describe it, but I have no doubt that Hazel and Gus would !


About the Audio Book. 
I don't have too much experience with listening to audio books. I have listened to a few, however this was hands down the BEST AUDIO BOOK I HAVE EVER READ LISTENED TO. I didn't think it made a difference on who the audio book was read by, I was wrong! TFIOS was read by Kate Rudd and it was extremely easy to listen to. I felt like she embodied the spirit of Hazel and read every line with as much wit and sarcasm that each line deserved. I listened to this audiobook as easily as I could watch a movie. I laughed, I cried, It was an amazing experience and I highly recommend this audiobook, and any audiobooks that Kate Rudd read whole heartedly.

About the Movie
I have not seen the movie YET. I didn't want to watch it when it first came out because I really wanted to read it first. I don't tend to read books after I have seen their movie. After I read TFIOS the movie was already out of theaters, but I recently pre-ordered the DVD  which I will have Sept. 16!!!  I will give a full report after I watch it! 

I leave you with this amazing movie trailer.. and my utter excitement to watch this movie. It was a good trailer before I read the book, but now that I have read TFIOS it truly pulls at my heart. If you haven't read TFIOS yet and you are considering doing so, please DO! Check out this amazing trailer, it is about so much more than cancer and a love story!



No comments:

Post a Comment