Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Top Ten Books if you like Fairytale Retellings!



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by


This Week's Topic is:









#1,2,3,4,5,6 The Lunar Chronicles - Marissa Meyer

Cinder - Scarlet - Cress - The Queens Army - Glitches - The Little Android 

This is definitely an amazing series JAM PACKED full of amazing retellings. The series starts out with Cinder which is a futuristic retelling of Cinderella. In Scarlet we add two amazing characters that would be the equivalent of Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, and the third novel, Cress we introduce a Rapunzel -esq character. Of course no story would be complete with out a bad or evil queen as well ! The Queens Army is a Novella to Scarlet thats shows you how Wolf became what he is, and Glitches is a novel which is a prequel to Cinder. The Little Android is a standalone Novella that shows similarities to the little mermaid. I loved it, it was about an android or a machine who develops feelings ( definitely a glitch from what is expected for a normal android) for a Human man. This whole series is amazing, never a dull moment and a MUST READ for fan of Fairy tale retellings !!!

# 7 Tiger Lilly - Jodi Lynn Anderson

A great new take on Peter Pan told from Tiger Lillys view on things and Tinker Bell as the Narrator. Tells us what happened between Tiger lilly and Peter before Wendy every came on the island. 


# 8 Beastly - Alex Flinn

A Modern day retelling of Beauty & The Beast. There is also a Movie to go along with it. 

# 9 Sirena - Donna Jo Napoli

A great book that I read back in middle school. similar to the Little Mermaid but different. A sirens voice is deadly to men. but Sirena ( a mermaid ) falls in love with an injured man left for dead on an island.

# 10 The Book of Lost Things - John Connolly

Seriously one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS !!!  A wonderful story about a boy who gets lost in this different realm. David has to travel through this world in search for the King and a way back home. This world is jamm packed full of fairy tale characters, all with a twist. No story is complete without a bad guy , and in this book it the one who's name you do not speak. Very much like Rumpelstilskin (sp).


 



9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on fairy tale retellings! And I absolutely love The Book of Lost Things. It one of my top 10 favorite books I've ever read.
    Also The Lunar Chronicles. WOW!! What a fun series right!!!! I'm currently only on Scarlet right now but DAMN!!!! LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see how it all unravels, plus we still have, book 4, Winter to look forward to next year, YAY!!!!
    and Last by not least, there's Tiger Lily. I have that book sittling patiently in my bookcase waiting to be read and seriously don't know what has been taking so long...
    Thanks for sharing! Great post Katie ♥
    Come by and check out my TTT @Book Hangovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man i cant tell you how much i CANT WAIT TO READ WINTER! i just finished cress and this series just gets better and better !!! and i hope you get a chance to check out tigger lilly too definitely a very different spin on retellings but it makes me really appreciate what is normally an over looked character in the story. thanks for stopping by Michelle ! - Katie

      Delete
  3. OOoh very nice!!! LOVED Tiger Lily and The Book of Lost Things! Even read Sirena many, many years ago! Awesome choices!!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes Sirena is definitely an oldie ! thanks for stopping by Jessica as always!!! = Katie

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of The Book of Lost Things, and now you've got me all, "I want it, I need it, NOW!" The Lunar Chronicles is great, one of my favorite retellings too! I've read Beastly and Sirena and loved them. Now all I need is Tiger Lily, and The Book of Lost Things. NOW!!! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh gosh if you like the others you would love the book of lost things ! hope you get a chance to try it out one day . I have read it multiple times ! - Katie

      Delete
  5. These are such great choices, I love Fairy-tale retellings!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl me too , it never gets old for me ! thanks for stopping by - Katie

      Delete