Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting on The Goddess Test


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event here @ Inkk, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week's "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: The Goddess Test




The Goddess Test

by Amiee Carter

Goodreads Summary 


Every girl who had taken the test has died.
Now it's Kate's turn.
It's always been just Kate and her mom - and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.
Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld - and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.
Kate is sure he's crazy - until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.
If she fails...


So Obviously THE GODDESS TEST has been out for a while, so I must have been living under a rock back then, and had no idea this was out. Book Three in the Goddess Test series recently came out last month ( Goddess Inheritance) I was so drawn to this plot because it reminded me sooo much of the movie Pans Labyrinth. 


Pans Labyrinth is About a girl who has a sick mother, and horrible soon to be step dad. She Meets a fawn and he tells her she is a princess and belongs to another life, but she must prove it by passing three test. If you haven't watching the movie  it's a must see! Yes, it's all in spanish but the subtitles are easy to follow. 


Anyways, the Goddess test reminds me so much of the movie, and I would love to check it out. I know this isn't a new book, so if you have read it let me know , what are your thoughts? What are you waiting on this week. 


9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I loooved this series!! And ooh, if you plan to go farther in the series, I recommend reading The Goddess Legacy too--pretty sure that was the title. It was book 2.5 and had a few short stories about the other gods and goddesses and gave you some insight to their actions! Totally worth reading!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet ! thanks Jessica, it really looks like a series i would really get into! - Katie

      Delete
  2. I haven't started Goddess Test either, but it's sitting on my shelf right now! So, you're not the only one, LOL! And I'm absolutely DYING to see that movie. Seriously, I really need to. o.O Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know im not the only one.. I have no idea why I never noticed this book before but it looks great! And i suffer from the same problem, i have books on my shelf that are on my tbr list.. staring me down ;) definitly check out pans labyrinth. SOOOO GOOOOOD!
      - KATIE

      Delete
  3. I haven't started Aimee Carter's book yet. I've heard great things about the trilogy but I haven't had the chance to read any of the books. I don't know if they're good but I hope you enjoy reading this one!

    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martina, the plot seems different, something i would like for sure. ! - Katie

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this yet either, but I plan to as well! :)
    New follower!
    ~Ashley
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series either, but I want to. I have heard a lot of positive things about the series though.
    I hope you enjoy it when you get to read it.

    My WoW

    Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVEEEEEE this series! I mean, it's got some flaws, but easily forgivable because it's so good! I got really invested in it, if you can't tell. :)

    Hope you get to this one and enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete