Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Books We Recommend the Most



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by


This Week's Topic is:





         Top Ten Books We Recommend the Most.      




# 1 The Book of Lost Things   

John Connolly 

Katie: Hands down the number one book I recommend! I always say it's the best book no one has ever heard of, so I take it as my personal mission to spread the good word about TBOLT. I have personally gotten my sister, my friend Brandi, a student from school, and Krisha to read The Book of Lost Things.    

# 2 The Lightening Thief  

Rick Riordan

Krisha: If you read this one book, it'll get you hooked on at least 2 series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians & The Heroes of Olympus.  Most I read in a day because they were that addicting.  Definitely the top of mylist for books you should read right now!

# 3 & # 4 Divergent

Veronica Roth

Katie: I always recommend Divergent to those who enjoyed The Hunger Games, and would enjoy a Dystopian read. I currently have my copy of Divergent on loan to my friend Neetu. What an amazing read! 

Krisha: Love love love this series.  I think everyone has heard about it by now and I'm so glad Katie got it for me to read.  I just bought it in paperback so I can start loaning it out.

# 5 Shiver 

Maggie Stiefvater

Krisha: Book one of such a cool series (pun intended).  I recommend this to some of my more science minded friends who are weary of YA.  Not that it's a science story, it just has some cool components in it that I really appreciate.  

# 6 Hunger Games

Suzanne Collins

Katie: It's really hard for me to believe, but there are people out there who have NOT read The Hunger Games. I thought for sure since the books were so popular, and the whole movie and all... I get super shocked when I find someone who has not read it! Its the first Dystopian I read, and I have been hooked ever since. My copy of The Hunger Games is currently loaned out to my friend Zainab. 


# 7 & # 8 Jenny Pox 

J.L. Bryan

Krisha: I remember the day Katie recommended this to me and have been paying it forward ever since.  I've gotten a handful of people that I personally know to read this book and here at Inkk Reviews, we recommend this fabulous series all the time.  Haven't read it?  Go get it now free on your e-book!


Katie: Before reading Jenny Pox I hadn't read much from Indie Authors, Jenny Changed my mind. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. I have both the print copies and the e-book copies which I have been loaning out to our friend Brandi. Brandi is currently reading my e-book copy of Alexander Death (Book 3 in the Paranormal series).

# 9 The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Douglas Adams

Krisha: I read this one in high school because everyone else in the marching band was.  I haven't talked about it as much since I've joined the blogging world (old news, right?) but historically it's been one I've recommended most.  And want to know the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything? It's 42.  (The actual ultimate question is still unknown.)


# 10 Cinder

Marissa Meyer

Katie: If you would have told me before that one of the top books I recommend is about Cyborgs , I would have never believed you.  I recently recommended Cinder to my Friend Megan, she borrowed my print copy and loved it! I hope to see her this week so I can give her my copy of Scarlet to read! 

If you haven't noticed , I am a book pusher! :)


Thanks for stopping by our TTT this week!
 
&


50 comments:

  1. Cinder is on my list too, and reading your list makes me want to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy again! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/03/25/mostrecommended/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder! yay so good.. I have scarlet ! can't wait to read it! Im recommending it to myself :) - Katie

      Delete
  2. Okay I need to check out this Jenny Pox since I love all the books I've read that you guys mentioned!

    Marissa @ Rae Gun Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!!!! you so should. you have nothing to loose ! book one "Jenny Pox" is free on your E-reader! We loved it so much that we actually met J.L. Bryan over coffee. this series really is AMAZING - Katie

      Delete
  3. Cinder is on my TBR list, and I of course adored Hunger Games. I feel like the only one on the planet who didn't like Divergent, though haha. Everyone seems to love it.

    You've also prompted me to head on over to GR and check out The Book Of Lost Things, because I'm always looking for new favorites that not everyone and their mother has also read.

    Great list! If you want to check mine out, you can find it at PaperFantasies.

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like Cinder, and yes, do check out The Book of Lost Things, I have no idea why its not more heard of sooo good! Thanks for checking out our list Kelly! - Katie

      Delete
  4. I really want to read The Lightening Thief. I just always forget to look for it when I got to the library or bookstore. Great list!!
    -Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you should Melissa, its sooo good. It really got us to open up and really enjoy some Middle Grades books ! thanks for stopping by - Katie

      Delete
  5. I have some students who just discovered Hitchhikers- it's so funny to seem them sneakily nerd out over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous list, and your site design is amazing! Looks like I need to read The Book of Lost Things and Divergent sooner rather than later :)

    Tonile @ My Cup and Chaucer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! glad you like our layout.. Im someone who always feels the need to keep changing it, can't help it.. I hope you get a chance to read The Book of Lost Things soon, and Divergent Definitely before the Movies comes out.. they are casting now! - Katie

      Delete
  7. Good list, I love the Percy Jackson series and Shiver as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! love Percy, both are awesome, thanks for checking out our list! - Katie

      Delete
  8. I have Percy Jackson, Hunger Games and Divergent on my list too! The rest I havent read yet, but I keep hearing positive things about Cinder so I might pick it up soon :D
    Top Ten Books I Would Recommend
    Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, Cinder is amazing. Especially if you loved Divergent and Hunger Games, hope you get to read it soon! - Katie

      Delete
  9. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sounds interesting... And the Book of Lost Things looks amazing! Although I haven't read all of your books on this list, at least I've read some of them here, and they're really good! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the Book of Lost Things really is awesome, I think if they marketed the book in the YA genre it would get alot more love! oddly enough it labeled under Mystery.. at least in the book store but its really not , has alot of fairy tale retellings in it. hope you get a chance to check it out! - Katie

      Delete
  10. I LOVE Percy Jackson! I've read all but The Mark of Athena in Riordan's two PJ series (and, I own it - just haven't gotten there yet). Great list!

    Here's my TTT: Top Ten Tuesday at Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Story of my life Krista! Me too! I love Percy, and we too have read them all but Mark of Athena... which we too own! so sad! hope to get to it soon, and i hope you do too! - Katie

      Delete
  11. Yes, I'm in complete agreement with Cinder! I'll see my girls at school eyeing it like they're not too sure, so I promote it as a scifi futuristic Cinderella then they usually want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right, now im hooked , any fairy tale retellings and im in.. especially when its married to Dystopia ! sweetness! - Katie

      Delete
  12. I've never read The Book of Lost Things. I will have to look into this one! I have been hearing a lot about Divergent as well. Have a great week!
    Happy Reading,
    Rebecca @ The Key to the Gate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes Divergent is amazing! hope you get to check it out soon! especially before it turns into a movie, they are casting now! - katie

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this list! I have Jenny Pox waiting to be read and now I cannot wait to read it! Thank you for sharing!

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i fell that everyone has jenny ( because it was free ) and just haven't gotten to it, it took me someone hounding me about reading it untill i gave in, and im so glad i did! AMAZING! hope you get a chance to read it soon! - Katie

      Delete
  15. Just when I think your blog can't get any prettier you create posts like these that just make me pink with envy. :) SO pretty girls. Anyway, many of these I still have to read, especially Jenny Pox. I'm going to try to start that one soon and I'll go check out the ones that are new to me. :)

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole you are sooooooooo sweet! your comment made my week! Thanks girl! I love keeping up with your blog as well. and you guys were so helpful when i need help with the silly goodreads challange. let me know whenever you have a question, im always more than happy to help! Oh, i got your email. I haven't forgotten, i have tons to say, i will email you in the am! - Katie

      Delete
  16. I totally agree about Cinder and Divergent! :D I can't wait to read Shiver :) Great list.

    TT- Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can read shiver soon, like krisha said it really is a different take on werewolves ! - Katie

      Delete
  17. Some of the books listed here are on my TBR pile, namley The Lightning Thief, Cinder and Shiver. Loved the Hunger Games.
    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad, i hope you can read them soon, and if you liked hunger games you would love Cinder, its like Cinderella meets future dystopian ! good stuff ! - Katie

      Delete
  18. I keep meaning to read Shiver, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I loved The Scorpio Races, but felt let down by The Raven Boys...hopefully I find Shiver to be more Races than Boys! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything else from her, I might have to check out the Scorpio Races. Thanks! - katie

      Delete
  19. Ha! I feel the same way about Cinder. Who would have thought that one of my favorite books would be about a cyborg? Certainly not me :)

    Percy Jackson is on my list, too! Although I need to catch up on the Heroes of Olympus series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right.. ever since Cinder im like " what fairy tale retellings ?!?!? where " YOu would love the Percy Series! sooo good! - Katie

      Delete
  20. Love The Hunger Games, and Cinder's 0n my list as well! I actually have had so many people recommend Divergent to me in the last two years, so I'm definitely reading that soon. I've never heard of it, but The Book of Lost Things looks fantastic. Great list!

    Aimee @ Penmanship Smitten | My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes Divergent is amazing, and especially if you liked The Hunger Games. and The Book of Lost Things really is awesome, i hope you get a chance to check it out soon. - Katie

      Delete
  21. Hunger Games, Divergent and Hitchhiker are excellent picks. I have not heard of TBOLT and I will look for it - sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, TBOLT is totally misplaced in the Mystery section but i think it fits into YA pretty well. it has multiple fairy tale retelling in it, so good!

      Delete
  22. Hitchhiker's Guide and Cinder are SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree ! love me some CInder! - Katie

      Delete
  23. The Hunger Games is on my list as well. Hitchhiker's Guide and Cinder I both plan to read sometime before too long!
    - Amy, odetojoandkatniss.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amy if you loved hunger games, you will love Cinder! Hope you get to read it soon! - Katie

      Delete
  24. The book of Lost Things as a really cool cover. Jenny Pox has been on my TBR pail forever now, I really should read it.
    old follower
    my TTT
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes cool cover, awesome book! and i hope you get to read jenny soon! so good! - Katie

      Delete
  25. AHH. Hitchhiker's Guide is one of my favorites as well and I can't believe I didn't include it on my list. I'm legitimately always telling people to read it. And Cinder! I just got that one, so hopefully I'll end up enjoying it.

    Great list!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes! Cinder!!! so good. hope you get to read it soon! -Katie

      Delete
  26. Great books! I've heard a lot of good things about all of these, but have never actually read any. I wish I had more time ... Feel free to check out my TTT if you feel like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know how you feel.. too many books, too little time! hope you get to check some out! thanks for stopping by - Katie

    ReplyDelete